Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

BEAUTY HAUL: Everything I've acquired this month

I've been bad.

Despite it being Christmas with all the food/present/drama to save for.....I've bought a 'few' things. I couldn't help myself!!! I'm now back in cosmetics and I have been missing it!

I had to treat myself to some pieces that I needed.....well....wanted....

So rather then many separate posts...here is a giant one with a few of the make up bits I've bought this month.

 URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER SETTING SPRAY

I got given a trial size of this! I have to say, as usual, I am a sucker for a trial size and its on my list of things to buy in the new year. I do need one for my kit but I love it. I find it different from the MAC spray though. I love the MAC Mineralise Charged Water Spray because it reduces what I feel is a 'powdery' finish on my foundation and not only keeps it on but gives me a more natural 'lived in' effect. I find that the UD spray is different and keeps my make up on a bit more. I've been rationing it by only using when I have to go out after work and therefore need my make up to stay.

 URBAN DECAY PERVERSION MASCARA

I love this. I, again with the trial size, would consider buying this. I am currently looking for any excuse to give up my NYX mascara which I bought in a hurry. I find that this not only gives me gorgeous dark black lashes but serious volume. I'm still loyal to Extra Dimension lash from MAC though.

 URBAN DECAY 1993 LIPSTICK COMFORT MATTE

I am very happy with this. I bought this because I am running low on nudes in the kit. I need a good few nude colours that I can throw on when I have a smokey eye. While this seems a bit darker then I need - I'll be re-investing in the new year in new lighter shades - I am still totally into it. I just find it a bit darker then I would like day to day. it is nice to wear with a bit of mascara and not much else.  I think that's the joy of the darker matte nude - it's a bit of something without committing to a red.

I also quite like the formula as well. If you are not a fan of the dry matte lip then this is a great option. It's matte but without the awkwardness.  On a negative note, the only negative note I have, I dislike the packaging. I don't like the feel of the bullet. Not a big downer but there is something that I don't quite get on with.
 ILLAMASQUA SHADE STICK IN YELLOW

I have to say, I love this too. I wasn't too sure what to make the sketch sticks when they came out. They were released as part of the Hypnotica range with an emphasis on individualistic festival vibes which was a huge trend last summer. I am all about the bright colours and madness so this is totally my type of creative product.

I put off getting involved because I have a huge pile of body painting stuff in the house which sits there doing very little. I didn't realise how much fun these sticks are though. I managed to make a really fun orange and yellow eye look with them and have been in love ever since. They can be blended so if you don't want a big yellow line then you don't have to. I'm hugely impressed by these and I plan on collecting more of the range when I get to Leeds!
 ORIGINS BY ALL GREENS FOAMING DEEP CLEANSING MASK WITH GREEN TEA, SPIRULINA AND SPINACH.

I must admit, this one may take a while and its happening at the wrong time. The acne diaries that I started to document the crazy shit I'm going through with my pill is still happening. I haven't been able to update lately so there is one HELL of an update coming. So I accept that anything I am trying on my skin lately has to be given a huge break because I am so all over the place at the minute.

I am not used to a foam mask.

This is the biggest issue I had with this mask. This purchase is a result of my desire for a clay mask. Technically, this is a clay mask. So when I searched, this came up. However, I don't think I had recognised my need for charcoal in masks at that stage and instead, I bought this. I felt weird with a foaming mask and had to google how to use it. I loved it as a cleanser though. It felt really silky and my skin feels extremely clean. Although, I think my needs of a mask are for something more clay/charcoal based. I am angling toward purchasing the Bobbi Brown charcoal mask or the Origins charcoal mask  - both of which I have had before and loved. So I think this may not be what I'm looking for.

It is lovely as a cleanser though.
 URBAN DECAY MOONDUST EYESHADOWS

This is not the best image because I didn't buy the palette. I wasn't completely in love with the shade selection in the palette so I decided to just get individual shades instead. I bought a palette you could customise from UD and got two Moondust shades for it.

I love them.

Moondust won me over even though I thought I wouldn't like them when they were first released. They are super pigmented and super glittery. They come in a range of shades from nudes to reds to greens. I am still not convinced by the palette selection as I don't know if I would use green, blue or silver. I don't suit cooler shades as a fair blonde.

I am a big fan of palettes as an artist because it cuts down on the amount of stuff I have to carry. However, I am now getting to the point where I have a LOT of palettes!!!! I think I'm somewhere in the region of having at least five Bobbi Brown palettes, eight or nine MAC palettes, two urban decay, an Inglot palette and a few small ones from various brands.
 URBAN DECAY ELECTRIC PALETTE

I am all over this.

I am looking forward to my next drag night because I need to use this more. I've literally used the green colour and that's it. I fell in love when my friend brought it over and I got to play with the blues in the palette. I knew I needed it. However, I put it off for months because I felt I had a few UD  palettes and wasn't blown away by them. I had a Vice palette which I wasn't in love with and it meant I never used it. In fact, I've never been 'sold' by the Vice palettes.

 I am so impressed with this. I know there has been a lot of drama with it because apparently it 'isn't safe' or something because of ingredients in the blue pigments but I have had no issue with it. I think if your looking for neon brights then this is a nice collection to have. I don't know many brands offering neon shades like this that can be used easily. I find the Stargazer brand the only other brand who offer neon but they have some blending issues. I promise to post any looks I do with this in the future!

 BOBBI BROWN CAMEL EYE SHADOW

This started because I stopped.

I made a pact to stop buying Bobbi Brown shadows because I thought it was getting out of control and I have colours I have never even used. I decided to stop after I filled the two empty holes in my palette though! Which has never worked for anyone so I allowed myself two more purchases then done!

I knew there was a lot of interest in the MAC Pro Longwear eyeshadow called 'Uninterrupted' which had been discontinued a few months back. This is a direct dupe for it. It's  warm dark shady brown which makes an unreal crease colour. It's matte so it can be used to blend anything into it. I love it. I'm thinking about purchasing a second one.

This is one of the nicest eye shadow shades I've bought in months.
 ILLAMASQUA POSTURE LIPSTICK

I cannot find a good photo of this one!

It's not as pink as it looks in the image there!

 I decided that I wanted to try more nudes or every day shades. Posture was my recent find when I went to Illamasqua in Leeds last month. I bought Apocolips which meant I needed to find yet another colour. I wanted something totally different. I liked that this seemed grey-ish, pink-ish, purple-ish mixed with brown tints. See what I mean when I say, the photo looks a lot more pink!? While I know I will have to work hard to wear it because at the moment, I am very blonde and everything pale washes me out - I am prepared give it my best shot! I've had a few different lipsticks from Illamasqua before which have been both good and bad. I'm keen to see what this is like.

I haven't had a chance to trial this yet so bare with me while I try it!
 ESTEE LAUDER SCULPTING EYE SHADOW BRUSH

I cannot express enough how much I am sucker for brushes that are a bit weird looking or a bit unusual.  The worst brush I ever bought was one from Sephora that had a weird chunk cut out of it just because I needed to see what it was like.

I am excited to try this one but I know it will take some getting used to it. It's cut at a strange angle much like the matching foundation brush (which I also have) and can be used to really blend in shadows/creams/liners. I am going to have to practise with it first. I haven't used Estee Lauder as a brand so this is only second purchase from them.
TOM FORD SHADE AND HIGHLIGHT BRUSH

I love Tom Ford brushes. I often don't pack these for freelance gigs because I am so scared these are going to get stolen or left behind. I love them that much and they are also expensive!!

I've been collecting them slowly over the years and I love them. I know it sounds mad to say you can feel how expensive they are when you use them but you can. You know you are holding an expensive brush because the bristles feel like silk, the design is perfect and the handle feels well crafted. I have a few TF brushes and I think they are fantastic. I don't know if I could justify the price of the full set but its heading that way now. I feel better about buying the brushes then I do the make up. I think because I still argue that brushes are for work - even though I know I am using them on only me!!

These brushes are a little treat to myself where I am totally indulging and allowing myself to be spoiled. I find that TF feels like a naughty treat where I know I shouldn't really but I totally am.... I plan on acquiring more of the lipsticks this year too. I think some nude shades would be nice. For now, I will finish buying some brushes until I have the whole set!
MAC EXTRA DIMENSION HIGHLIGHTER IN SOFT FROST

I want the entire range of these.

I think these are the nicest highlighters on sale at the moment. I am in love with them but alas, sold out! This highlighter is different though. Soft Frost shines in a blue and purple 3D effect which I haven't come across on the high street.

These pigments are super strong yet soft on the skin. I had to have the blue one because, well, I love a good unusual product. I will get the other three shades when they are released again but I am waiting to hear if they are coming back or not in the new year. I hope so! Failing that, I will invest in Soft And Gentle by MAC.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar